Life troubles and tribulations will test your resolve of that promise of devotion that you made.
Movies like “Bride Wars” & “Runaway Bride” are if anything focussed on entertainment mindset of being married that only last for a short while based more on emotions if anything than on what marriage really means. Or the focus is on having the greatest partieeee of the year.
Marriage is really about devotion to that one person, let’s look at what that means.
Definition of devotion. : a feeling of strong love or loyalty : the quality of being devoted. : the use of time, money, energy, etc., for a particular purpose.
They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. – Acts 2:42.
A. Here the church is the Kingdom of God on earth, established in approximately 33 A.D as we established by affirming the clues / prophesies made in the past.
Let’s have a look at what they were all about:
B. As citizens of the Kingdom and members of the body (the church), we must be devoted to:
- Doctrine – What you really believe and practise is in the Bible and not a tradition.
- Fellowship – Unity, friendship, band of brothers, doing life together, etc.
- Breaking Bread – Eating together & remember the death burial & resurrection through having communion together.
- Prayer – Connecting with God through a daily relationship with Him.
So what are you devoted to that has an eternal impact? Or do you just live for the here and now or do you actually have faith?
This was the blueprint of the church. Is your church like this blueprint? If it is not, is it really God’s church?
So let us answer those 6 questions we asked ourselves at the beginning of the study about the kingdom of God and of heaven:
- Does the Bible fit together? Absolutely!!! What is the chance of 48 prophesies being fulfilled? 1 person fulfilling 8 prophecies: 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000 1 person fulfilling 48 prophecies: 1 chance in 10 to the 157th power 1 person fulfilling 300+ prophecies: Only Jesus! Start writing down those zero’s if in question.
- Did the Kingdom come or is it still to come? It came on the day of Pentecost 33 AD in Jerusalem.
- What is the Kingdom? It is God’s church established in 33 AD in Jerusalem.
- How do I enter the Kingdom? By repenting of your sin and getiing baptized for the forgiveness of your sin to receive the indwelling Holy Spirit.
Prayer for Today:
Lord you are the King of Kings and the Lord of Lord. It was amazing to see how the whole treasure hunt came together! How you fulfill all these prophesies! Help me to seek your kingdom here on earth and to find it. Help me to live wholeheartedly to bring you the glory and not to live a selfish life that amounts to nothing eternal in the end. Help me to repent and get baptised for the forgiveness of my sin so I can receive your Holy Spirit! God to be filled with you and living in your strength is soooo worthwhile! Help me to be devoted to the 4 things in the kingdom; doctrine, fellowshi, the breaking of bread and to prayer. Amen.